Job Opportunity – Internship: Creative Costume Design Supervisor
Findhorn Bay Arts has an exciting internship opportunity for a Creative Costume Design Supervisor to work from Monday 3 September to Thursday 27 September 2018 as part of the team producing a world premiere theatrical production of The Buke of the Howlat Written by Morna Young and Directed by Ben Harrison.
The show will be created outdoors at Brodie Castle in Moray with public performances running for five nights, Thursday 27 September to Monday 1 October.
The successful applicant will work closely with the Costume Designer and Director supervising the creation of costumes for a cast of up to approximately sixty members.
The successful applicant will:
• Work within a team in an organised and efficient manner
• Work in an outdoor environment
• Bring experience of working with professional and community casts
• Help to prepare the overall costume production schedule
• Make sure the costume department keeps to deadlines
• Be actively involved in the making and creation of costumes
• Oversee the sourcing, ordering and maintaining of costumes and accessories until opening night
Salary: £1,800 fixed fee
Term: Monday 3 September to Thursday 27 September 2018
Hours: Full time variable hours including evenings and weekends. Meetings with the Costume Designer will be required ahead of Monday 3 September (dates TBC upon availability)
Expenses: Covered according to Findhorn Bay Arts’ Expenses Policy
Managed by: Costume Designer
This opportunity is generously supported by the Saltire Society’s Inspiring Scotland Programme.
• Submit a CV, biography and covering letter which evidences your competencies in the job duties detailed above
• Submit details of two referees
Applications must be received by post or email no later than Friday 27 July 2018, 5pm
Findhorn Bay Arts
86 High Street
Forres, IV36 1NX
Subject: Costume Intern
Enquires to Kresanna Aigner – firstname.lastname@example.org | 01309 673 137