The 2016 Findhorn Bay Festival was staged as part of Scotland’s Year of Innovation, Architecture & Design.
The festival featured a unique and vibrant mix of theatre and performances, exhibitions and live music, fine-art and photography, talks, tours, family events, free activities and Culture Day Forres all set in unexpected spaces and scenic locations.
The six day Festival saw sell out performances, free shows and exhibitions packing out with locals and visitors alike with people travelling from as far afield as Denmark, Italy, Canada, USA and Australia to attend.
Through in-depth evaluation with audiences, artists, local businesses, participants, partners and volunteers, the Findhorn Bay Festival 2016 achieved:
- 13,659 attendances across free events, ticketed shows and Culture Day Forres
- Engagement with 1,145 school pupils through workshop attendance and performances
- Artistic contributions from 185 local artists, over 100 visiting artists, and from 171 young performers
- Participation from 604 local people
- Volunteer support from 190 individuals contributing a total of 2,971 volunteer hours
- An estimated £874,902 in local economic benefit
‘A bold, far-reaching and adventurous festival, grounded in its rich artistic community. There is something special about a festival which takes inspiration from the landscape and history of its locality, a pleasure to be part of!’ – Julie Fowlis, Visiting Artist