Would you like to help make creative things happen?
Findhorn Bay Arts are looking to recruit new board members who will bring a commitment to the organisation’s vision, mission, and values; bring fresh experience; and complement the range of skills of our existing board.
Since 2012, Findhorn Bay Arts has been ‘making creative things happen’ in Moray and beyond. An award-winning creative producer of cultural events and activities, our work is rooted in the communities of Moray. We strive to create high-quality and accessible cultural experiences, including the biennial Findhorn Bay Arts Festival. We have established a year-round programme for people of all ages and abilities and our work has been a driver to the rise of tourism in the area contributing around £800,000 to the local economy.
Our board brings together a wealth of expertise and commitment to making creative things happen. To support our strategic vision post-Covid-19 and beyond, we welcome applications from suitably experienced people who are committed to the development of the creative and cultural sector in rural communities.
To complement the Board’s existing experience, we would particularly welcome applications from people with skills and experience in one or more of:
- Finance – a qualified accountant, with a comprehensive understanding of financial and management accounts, preferably in a not-for-profit environment
- Legal – a qualified solicitor with experience in Charitable Governance and an interest in the creative sector
- Business – somebody with strategic business development
- Cultural – somebody with strategic cultural organisational experience
- Practicing Artists – professional artists working across Scotland in any art form or medium
We welcome applications from all backgrounds and experiences and are particularly interested in hearing from people under the age of 30, members of the LGBTQ+ community, members of the BAME community, recent graduates, and people with disabilities.
The organisation is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors who provide support and guidance to the team, act as ambassadors for our work, uphold our values, and are responsible for:
- the overall strategic direction of the company
- support and provide guidance to the team appropriate to your skills and experience
- set and monitor progress and achievement against our objectives
- have overall financial responsibility for the company
The Board meets every four times a year virtually to support, advise and develop the work of the organisation. The Board also takes part in a yearly, in-person development day with the staff team and external facilitators if appropriate.
Appointments are generally for an initial period of 3 years. Board Members are voluntary and unpaid.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 5pm on Saturday 15th January 2022.